The adventures of a Westcoast boy and a Midwestern Jewish girl as they discover the truth beneath the myths of the South, embrace rural life by starting a sustainable farm, and learn how to teach sociology.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Poo is on; It's go time at the farm.




You are now looking at the biggest pile of Poo I've ever created in my life in one sitting... ha! Imagine that?

But seriously, this is a pile of animal poo, honest. It's horse manure with a bit 'o sheep (manure that is) mixed in, courtesy of new friends at Scruggs farm just down the street.

Here's the kicker: multiply that pile by 20. That's my goal for the one acre. Need more for composting and the other projects.

That's alotta poo, no?

3 comments:

  1. You've got HORSES down the street? Here I come! I'll shovel manure, too... I love that smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Jacob's grandmom, but I'm gonna go ahead and say we'd be friends. Horse manure smells good to me too and shoveling it is fun! But really, what I came here to say is that my parents swear by horse manure based compost/fertilizer. Hooray for you Farmer Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob's grandmom is my mom and I do think you two would get along. :)

    All our neighbors have horses...sometimes they even come over to our fence to say hello.

    ReplyDelete